Hi lovelies , you are welcome to my blog. Today, I will be talking about simple ways to look flawless and classy. I am here to introduce you to the wonderful world of makeup.
Some people see makeup to be stressful but trust me dearies it’s simple as a,b,c,d. For people who are new to makeup I am glad to enlighten you about the whole process.
To those who have little or no idea, no worries I will elaborate on some few tips. InnoWeb got you covered.
Makeup is an essential cosmetic that enhances our beauty. Most people believe that makeup is only meant for ladies by hey guys also use makeup but not as loud as ladies do.
I believe makeup does not necessarily mean applying foundation and all that comes with it. When we wear just eye lashes, we have a till used makeup.
This is because we are wearing something that will enhance our beauty. Common makeup products are concealer, foundation, face powder or press powder, contour powder or creams, eyebrow pencil, mascara, etc.
Just in case you are new to makeup and you have no idea or little idea, don’t worry I got you covered. Here a some uses of these very common makeup.
1. Pressed powder or Face powder: It set the foundation, giving it a matte finish and also to conceal small flaws or blemishes.
2. Foundation: Evens out the skin color. Most at times it’s in a liquid form. It’s the starting block for makeup use after the primer.
3. Face Primer: Applied before the foundation and reduces the appearance of the pore size. It’s also prolongs the wear of makeup.
4. Mascara: It lengthens and thickens the eyelash
5. Contour powder or cream: Used to define the face for E.g.: giving an illusion of a slimmer face or to even modify a person’s face shape as desired.
6. Concealer: It could be used to draw the shape of the eyebrow and also cover imperfection of the skin such as blemishes and marks.
7. Bronzer: Gives skin color by adding a golden or bronze glow.
8. Eyeshadow palette: brightens your eye with a pop of color
9. Setting spray: it allows makeup last longer and gives it a smooth finish.
The two types of makeup styles are bridal and what I personally call everyday makeup. Bridal makeup as the names goes are for mostly brides and wedding guests. It’s often loud.
Everyday makeup is applying small quantity of makeup for work, school or church. It’s often dim and simple. In Ghana, we have makeup brands like eranissbyhabiba, yo’she, paba, etc.
I will tell you some few tips on do’s and don’t about makeup. The Do’s about makeup:
1. Always try to get your shade of your foundation.
2. Try as much as possible to avoid using black pencil for your eyebrow.
3. If your lipstick is nude, always use a lip liner to draw the shape of your lips first.
4. When drawing your eyebrow, the beginning of your brow should be lighter than the tip (ombré)
5. Blend your foundation very well with a blending foam before applying any other makeup.
The Don’t about makeup:
1. When contouring, never use an extremely light shade which will make you look white.
2. When drawing your brow, the tip of your brow should not exceed you the length of your eye too much.
3. The arc on your brow should not be before or after the pupil. It should be at the center of your pupil.
Since we have come to end of the road for now, I hope you find useful information and tip on the blog. Keep trafficking and tell a friend to tell a friend.
Story by: Afua Asare
Fenty by Rihanna- YouTube